From: CIG E-Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lee, Deborah <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 13 January 2014 10:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] RDA implementation and plans

Hello,

I am Deborah Lee, senior cataloguer at the Courtauld Institute of Art.  My colleague, Stephanie, has already outlined our RDA implementation experiences.

I would just like to add that we have adopted a piecemeal approach. So, since April 2013 we have catalogued the following in RDA (original, editing downloaded records and sometimes changing downloaded AACR2 to RDA if the cataloguer prefers this!): books, exhibition catalogues, other catalogues and e-books.  On our schedules for 2014 are to adopt RDA for serials and to tackle RDA for authority records.  We are likely to look at RDA for DVDs too, so I am very interested in Kate's experiences.

I am not in work today and tomorrow, so I will only be able to dip in and out of this e-forum occasionally, but am really looking forward to catching up with everyone else's experiences later in the week!

Best wishes,

Debbie

Deborah Lee
Senior cataloguer
Book Library
Courtauld Institute of Art
Somerset House
Strand
London WC2R 0RN

Telephone: 020 7848 2905
Email: [log in to unmask]

Coming soon to The Courtauld Gallery

Collecting Gauguin: Samuel Courtauld in the ‘20s

20 June – 8 September 2013