Ah yes, AV is mostly AACR2 – I think I’ve tried some DVDs as RDA. We’ve also got a large record/cassette collection in the Archives waiting for me to get started on, though I don’t know yet what I’ll do them under…

Katrina

Katrina Clifford

Ext: 62118

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Esther Arens
Sent: 13 January 2014 10:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Hello

Hi,

I'm a systems librarian at the University of Leicester (also lapsed cataloguer and CIG secretary). We re-configured our LMS alongside a software upgrade last summer... or rather started re-configuring because there was always something we hadn't thought of. So, we were able to accept RDA records since then.

The main cataloguers started with training (I think mainly Cambridge material) around the same time and are now using RDA when cataloguing from scratch for print books and ebooks. Ebook packages for which the bib records come from the supplier, are loaded as they are. Also, A/V material, serials and theses are still AACR2 at the moment.

Esther

--

Esther Arens

Assistant Systems Librarian

David Wilson Library

University of Leicester

PO Box 248

University Road

Leicester LE1 9QD

T +44(0)116 252 2047

Winner of the 2012 THE Award for Outstanding Library Team Elite Without Being Elitist

Follow us on Twitter  http://twitter.com/uniofleicester

Security System.

Security System.