I assume that you mean the individual subjects' results differ from the overall group results. This shouldn't be surprising, particularly if your patient group is very different from the control group.
However, I think the contrast you want to specify at the 2nd level is [1 -1], which will show you areas where con_0001 is larger in group 1 than in group 2.