From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Benjamin Samuels
Sent: 18 December 2013 10:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: student portal integration

Hello,

We’re implementing the MyDay Student Portal by Collabco and so are looking to develop some Blackboard integration with it.  They have built integration for Moodle but this is the first time they have worked with Blackboard (if I understand correctly) and are looking to us for some guidance.

The most important aspect for us is Single Sign On which I know many institutions use with Blackboard.  The other things we would like to do is to pull the students’ announcement feed from Bb and display it in the portal and perhaps their Bb Calendar feed as well.  So far, my enquiries to Blackboard have not been very fruitful, they’ve pointed me to EduGarage (where I posted the forum but haven’t had any response yet), an Oscelot Auto Sign On project (which is helpful but it’s out of date and doesn’t seem to be compatible with our SP), and a Webinar on BIRT reporting (which was very interesting but seems linked to ASR tables that are 24 hours out of date and so probably not useful for the portal at all)

My question for this list is mostly about how you are implementing Single Sign On? Does anyone use the Auto Sign On building block? With SP13? Do you use another building block, maybe something bespoke? Is using a Building Block the only way of implementing SSO?

Is anyone pulling the announcement feed out of Blackboard? Can anyone suggest whether this is even possible?

Is there any way to generate students’ iCal feeds?

Much thanks for any help, a few comments from someone in the know can save many hours of poking through documentation.

Thanks,

Ben

Internet communications are insecure, therefore City College Norwich (CCN) does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of CCN.

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named recipient and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please email the sender immediately then delete this message. You should not disclose the content, distribute or retain any copies of this message.

City College Norwich, Ipswich Rd., Norwich, Norfolk. NR2 2LJ.

Scanned by iCritical.