From: <Boon>, Chris <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Friday, 13 December 2013 16:12
To: bbuk <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Cloud enhancement requests - new Building Blocks released

Dear all,

As you may have seen Blackboard have just released some updates to the Social Learning Tools; these consist of new Building Blocks for Software Updates, Cloud Profiles and Social Profiles & Tools; see:

https://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_SP_14/Administrator/010_Release_Notes/zBuilding_Blocks_Release_Notes/Social_Learning_Tools_Release_Notes/Social_Learning_Tools_Update%3A_Dec_2013

The updates contain some significant changes as requested by the working group constituted from this mailing list, and endorsed by 25 UK institutions; the changes include:

·         Users now have the opportunity to accept the terms of service before a cloud profile is created for them

·         An institutional policy about the use of the cloud services can be displayed

·         Users will have the opportunity to delete their cloud profile

·         After 12 months of inactivity an email will be sent to a user stating their profile will be delete unless they request to keep it

·         A system administrator can 'blacklist' certain courses and organisations to be excluded to prevent users enrolled on cross-college areas being shown as 'classmates'

I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions to these requests, in particular Malcolm Murray (University of Durham), Clive Richards (University of Swansea), Rob Howe (University of Northampton) and Bryony Bramer (Regents College) for their input and support for these changes, and also to Blackboard for listening to the thoughts and requests from the UK community, and making these changes based on our suggestions and those from other institutions around the world.

More details of the changes from the administrator's perspective can be found at:

https://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_SP_14/Administrator/000_Product_Updates/Profiles_Opt-In

Now time to try these features on my test system!

Chris Boon
Senior ILT Support Analyst
City College Norwich
Ipswich Road, Norwich NR2 2LJ

Tel +44 (0)1603 773659
http://www.ccn.ac.uk<http://www.ccn.ac.uk/>
[NES_TEN_logo_s1]

Internet communications are insecure, therefore City College Norwich (CCN) does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of CCN.

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named recipient and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please email the sender immediately then delete this message. You should not disclose the content, distribute or retain any copies of this message.

City College Norwich, Ipswich Rd., Norwich, Norfolk. NR2 2LJ.

Scanned by iCritical.