This is a topic that I am very interested in. Unfortunately I'm unable to attend due to work commitments. Is there any chance this may be recorded as a podcast or similar please?

Best wishes,
Andrew

Blog

Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:42:44 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Comics Studies Network event at UAL
To: [log in to unmask]

Via the Comic Studies Network, University of the Arts, London:

Tuesday 19 November 2013 – 6pm
An amazing UAL Community of Practice Event
The first  of the UAL Comic Studies Network.
Roger Sabin and Ian Horton present a Graphixia/The Comics Grid crossover:Small is the new big: The Comics Criticism blog as small press.
With Peter Wilkins, David N Wright and Brenna Clarke Gray
(Douglas College, Vancouver), Ernesto Priego (City University London),
Hattie Kennedy (University of Edinburgh), Damon Herd (The University of
Dundee).

In this event, contributors to the Graphixia
 blog will discuss the significance of blogging to the comics scene
today as an alternative to academic publishing, arguing that Graphixia, The Comics Grid and other grassroots blogs are critical analogues to small press comic publishers.More information here: http://blog.comicsgrid.com/2013/11/graphixia-comicsgrid-event-small-is-the-new-big/

Apologies for corss-posting.

Best

Dr Ernesto Priego
Lecturer in Library Science
Acting Course Director, MSc/MA Electronic Publishing
City University London

http://epriego.wordpress.com/  @ernestopriego
Editor-in-Chief, The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/