Dear Colleagues,

This is to remind you about the CALL FOR PAPERS for the 11th ISORECEA
conference. The conference will take place in Kaunas, Lithuania, 24-27
April 2014. The final date for the submission of abstracts is 15 November
2013, two weeks from now.

The Conference FB group: https://www.facebook.com/Isorecea2014

For details see the attached file. Let me turn your attention to the Miklos
Tomka Award that we are going to grant to the author of the best conference
paper.

Please, feel free to disseminate the CFP among all potentially interested
in the event.

 *ISORECEA *in cooperation with *Vytautas Magnus University *

and *Lithuanian Society for the Study of Religions *****

*CALL FOR PAPERS *****

11th ISORECEA conference ****

*RELIGIOUS DIVERSIFICATION WORLDWIDE AND IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE *****

Kaunas, Lithuania, April 24-27, 2014 ****

For a long time the secularization thesis dominated the field of studies of
religions in contemporary societies. Many definitions and even more
explanations of the process of secularization in contemporary societies led
scholars of religions to search for new theoretical insights about the
rapidly changing global social situation. Opponents of this paradigm claim
that we are witnessing growing religious vitality at religious market or
change in religion itself – here we find the privatization thesis,
precarious religion or religious bricolage. Independently of how we
approach it from theoretical perspective religious diversification is the
process that is evident in the majority of contemporary societies. It is
manifested through numerous religious traditions and new emerging religious
communities not only within the religious traditions, but also at the
individual level, as well as by the increasing number of non-believers and
non-adherents, etc. ****

In many cases Central and Eastern European societies have been analyzed as
places where the monopoly of scientific atheism was replaced by the
monopolies of national churches. But after more than twenty years of the
post-communist period, religious diversification processes within these
societies is visibly emerging, despite the fact that the dominance of the
so-called national churches is still obvious. ****

How do worldwide and CEE societies adapt to religious diversification? How
do religious communities approach the diversification of religion? How do
states react towards the changing situation? How do worldwide and CEE
societies differ from each other in relation to religious diversification? *
***

We would like to approach these questions in the forthcoming international
conference and to encourage scholars from various parts of the world to
share their theoretical and empirical insights about religious
diversification. ****

In this conference we also invite discussion of *the following topics*: ****

 Religious diversification and Church and State relations; ****

 Religious tolerance and discrimination; ****

 Religious minorities and majorities; ****

 Religious diversification and human rights; ****

 Religious diversification and social participation; ****

 Religious diversification and social exclusion; ****

 Religious diversification and media; ****

 Religiosity or Spirituality – within or outside religious institutions. **
**

** **

Please submit a *250-300 words abstract *of your presentation by e-mail to:
[log in to unmask] *by November 15, 2013*. If you are interested in
another topic related to the study of religion in the CEE or worldwide, we
encourage you to organize a session/panel. In this case, please submit
a *200-300
words proposal *by November 15, 2013 to the same email address. ** **

*Key dates *****

Submission of paper and session/panel proposals – November 15, 2013 ****

Notification of acceptance and opening of the registration – December 15,
2013 ****

The final date of the registration for the conference – January 31, 2014 ***
*

Final program – February 20, 2014 ****

*Fees *****

Please, note that in order to present a paper you need to be a member of
ISORECEA for the years *2014-2015*. The membership fees for two years and
conference fees for Lithuania are as follows (in EURO) for countries
falling into the ISA categories, A, B and C*: *List of Countries* *****

*A *****

*B *****

*C *****

Membership fee ****

60 ****

40 ****

20 ****

Conference fee (including membership fee) ****

140 ****

(of which 60 is the membership fee) ****

100 ****

(of which 40 is the membership fee) ****

60 ****

(of which 20 is the membership fee) ****

Conference fee for non-members** ****

160 ****

120 ****

80 ****

Conference fee (including membership fee) for students and unemployed ****

50 ****

(of which 20 is the membership fee) ****

30 ****

(of which 12 is the membership fee) ****

20 ****

(of which 8 is the membership fee) ****

Conference fee for non-members students and unemployed** ****

80 ****

60 ****

40 ****

Retired ****

50% of the conference fee and membership fee for regular members or
non-members ****

Conference fee paid on the spot** ****

25% higher (each category) ** **