We have a fantastic opportunity for Creative Practitioners to work with Manchester Museum and one of three partner schools thanks to The Prince's Foundation for Children and the Arts who have recently agreed to fund Manchester Museum as part of their Start programme.

We are searching for three Creative Practitioners to help us deliver our project outcome of a physical or digital piece of artwork from each partner school on the topic of Identity. Project work will be taking place in either the Spring or Summer Terms and there will be a celebration event at the Museum in July to showcase the work.

Partner schools in this project are: Droyslden Academy, Wardle High School and Derby High School

If you're interested, take a look at our Creative Practitioner Brief, which will provide more detail on how to apply.  Please feel free to distribute to others accordingly. Closing date for applications is Friday 20th September at 5pm.

Any queries or enquiries please contact Cat Lumb.

________________________

Cat Lumb | Secondary and Post-16 Co-ordinator (Humanities) | Working days: Mon, Wed, Fri | Manchester Museum | The University of Manchester | Oxford Road | Manchester | M13 9PL |

t: 0161 306 1765 |

www.manchester.ac.uk/museum | www.learningmanchester.wordpress.com |

www.facebook.com/ManchesterMuseum | Follow us on Twitter @Learning MM @McrMuseum |

Exhibitions: Warriors of the Plains: 200 years of Native North American honour and ritual, until 3 Nov 2013 | Collecting Trees, until 6 Oct 2013
Gallery redevelopments: Nature's Library now open | Ancient Worlds opened Oct 2012 www.ancientworlds.co.uk
Other projects:
The Museum Allotment | www.museumofmystery.org.uk

Awards: Ancient Worlds haptics shortlisted for the Museums + Heritage Innovations Award 2013 | Joint winner of the Clore Award for Museum Learning 2012 | Longlisted for the Telegraph Family Friendly Museum Award 2012 | Living Worlds shortlisted for the Museums + Heritage Permanent Exhibition award 2012 and the Design Week Awards 2012 in the Exhibition Design category

Designated as an Outstanding Collection