From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of GRUBB, Tim
Sent: 27 August 2013 14:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Free LIDAR!

Hugh
I think the reason these are free is that they are pre-processed jpg images with a world file attached (jpgw?) which means you cannot process them anymore. To buy the raw asc data costs around £40 per 1km sq tile or did when I bought some last year.
Tim

Tim Grubb - Archaeologist
Gloucestershire County Council Archaeology Service
Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester. GL1 2TH
Tel - 01452 425705
Email - [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Web - www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/archaeology<http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/archaeology>
HER Enquiries. www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/her<http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/her>