Hi all

The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of Strathclyde is seeking high quality applicants for four fully-funded PhD Research Projects starting in October 2013. Available projects are:

1) “Non-intrusive geophysical monitoring of climate-induced moisture regime in geo-infrastructure (with a focus on major river and coastal flood defences).” Supervisor: Dr Philippe Sentenac

2) “Controlling deterioration of contaminated storage structures.” Supervisor: Dr Andrea Hamilton

3) “Development of low viscosity grouts for ground barriers.” Supervisor: Dr Grainne El Mountassir

4) “Renewables Landbank: Assessing the potential of Scottish brownfield land for sustainable biomass production.” Supervisor: Dr Richard Lord

A flyer is attached. For full project descriptions, eligibility criteria and information on how to apply, please visit our website: http://www.strath.ac.uk/civeng/pg/funding/phd/ or email [log in to unmask]

Cheers
Zoe

Prof. Zoe Shipton
University of Strathclyde