Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that you can join’s today’s eAssessment Scotland Online keynote presentation at 1pm (UK time). Jim Groom established one of the first independent MOOCs, ds106 in the US (which is still going strong) and champions open educational experiences.

Jim Groom, Martha Burtis and Alan LevineHow Do You Assess a Community of Learning? The Case of DS106
Jim Groom, Martha Burtis and Alan Levine, University of Mary Washington
Tuesday 27th, 13:00-13:30

This presentation will frame the challenges and possibilities of assessing an open, online community course, using the example of the digital storytelling course ds106.

We will focus on how we approach assessment in an open, online course, and define the strategies we use to frame a community around the desire to share and learn rather than the often fruitless pursuit of a grade. The idea of qualitatively assessing thousands of people in a course is absurd, but the idea of using thousands of people to better help you assess 25-30 students is nothing short of brilliant ;)

Join ‘How Do You Assess a Community of Learning? The Case of DS106’ here at 13:00 (UK time)

;-)

Kenji Lamb

Soffed

e: [log in to unmask]