[apologies for cross-posting]

cid:image001.jpg@01CE2F81.B56CDBE0

Day Conference:

Friday 23rd August, University of Dundee

Online Conference:

20th-30th August

eAS Teachmeet

Thursday 22nd August, University of Dundee

Cost:

FREE!

Open to:

ALL! (delegates from across the globe and from every sector)

Book your place:

www.e-assessment-scotland.org <http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/>

Hi,

It's just over 3 weeks to the eAssessment Scotland 2013
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/>  Day Conference in Dundee on the
23rd of August with sessions filling up fast! If you're looking for some
inspiration before the next academic term/training calendar, then we have a
great range of keynotes, seminars and workshops which will introduce you to
the best of what eAssessment has to offer. And this year's theme of the
social assessment, 'Joining In, Joining Up', looks at how we can harness the
collective potential of learners, tutors and facilitators to make the most
of education in the 21st century.

And we know that not everyone will make it to Dundee on the 23rd, so as well
as the Day Conference <http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=2> ,
there are 3 other aspects to eAssessment Scotland which you can sign up for:

.         eAssessment Scotland 2013 Online

In partnership with Transforming Assessment and Radio EDUtalk, a two-week
long spread of national and international speakers delivering presentations
and discussions on the theme of eAssessment. We're especially excited to
feature keynotes from Jim Groom <http://jimgroom.net/about/>  & colleagues -
who set up one of the first independent MOOCs: DS106 <http://ds106.us/> ,
watch a presentation delivered by Jim at a TEDx event last year
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EFMMghmp8U> . Our other keynote is Paul
Denny, developer of Peerwise <http://peerwise.cs.auckland.ac.nz/> , an
assessment authoring platform for learners - which leads by example with its
learner-centred approach (used to great effect by Simon Bates at the
University of Edinburgh, winner of a Scottish e-Assessment Award in 2011).
If you're going to be at the Day Conference, you can still sign up for a
Peerwise workshop with Denis Duret
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=2#peerwise> .

Sign up now for a webinar or tune in to one of the Radio EDUtalk shows
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=1030>  - with a line-up that
really has something for everyone, it's not to be missed!

.         eAS TeachMeet (22nd August, University of Dundee, 6-8pm)

What do you mean you've never been to a TeachMeet? Basically, it's an
informal get-together with a group of like-minded educators who want to
share their experiences of learning, teaching and assessment. The format for
the evening is a series of short presentations (4 or 7 minutes), with
delegates signing up to deliver on a subject of their choice. If you're
travelling up to Dundee on the Thursday to attend the Day Conference, then
you should definitely make a point of signing up. It's a excellent way of
meeting people and learning a lot in quite a short space of time. If you
can't make it to ours, then you'll probably find one near you on the
TeachMeet site <http://teachmeet.pbworks.com/w/page/19975349/FrontPage> !

Join us at the eAS TeachMeet
<http://teachmeet.pbworks.com/w/page/67875269/TeachMeet%20eAssessment%20Scot
land>  - if you have a story to share, then sign up for a presentation slot,
otherwise just come along and see what all the fuss is about!

.         Scottish eAssessment Awards 2013

We've been running the Awards for 5 years now, but we've decided to take a
different approach this year - in recognition of this year's conference
theme, 'Joining In, Joining Up'. For this year only, instead of a judging
panel, we're going to trust to the 'wisdom of the crowd' and let you decide
who should be recognised this year. You can nominate any assessment-related
entry to one of three categories: Product, Process or Individual/Team
between now and the 18th of August. After that, delegates to any of the
eAssessment Scotland events will have the opportunity to vote for their
favourites.

Note - the Awards are open to individuals/teams based in Scotland, and
products/processes developed in Scotland, or being used within Scottish
settings.

Nominate your favourite eAssessment Product, Process or Individual/Team
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=6>  - then sign up for an
eAssessment Scotland event <http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/>  and vote
from the 19th, with winners announced at the Day Conference on the 23rd!

We do our best to publicise eAssessment Scotland as widely as possible, but
all of the organisers volunteer their time - so we would very much
appreciate you sending this notice to anyone you think might be interested
in signing up for an event!

;-)

Kenji Lamb

Soffed