Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that you can join's today's eAssessment Scotland
Online <http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=1030>  keynote
presentation at 1pm (UK time). Jim Groom established one of the first
independent MOOCs, ds106 in the US (which is still going strong) and
champions open educational experiences.

Jim Groom, Martha Burtis and Alan LevineHow Do You Assess a Community of
Learning? The Case of DS106
Jim Groom, Martha Burtis and Alan Levine, University of Mary Washington
Tuesday 27th, 13:00-13:30

This presentation will frame the challenges and possibilities of assessing
an open, online community course, using the example of the digital
storytelling course ds106 <http://ds106.us> .

We will focus on how we approach assessment in an open, online course, and
define the strategies we use to frame a community around the desire to share
and learn rather than the often fruitless pursuit of a grade. The idea of
qualitatively assessing thousands of people in a course is absurd, but the
idea of using thousands of people to better help you assess 25-30 students
is nothing short of brilliant ;)

Join  <http://ds106.tv/> 'How Do You Assess a Community of Learning? The
Case of DS106' here at 13:00 (UK time)

;-)