I have a query regarding the suitability of application for special considerations and reasonable adjustments for a deaf candidate that would be demonstrating citizenship through SFL (the level of the candidate is pre E2).  As the qualification on offer is combined I think he/she would not be able to satisfy the listening descriptor in the mark scheme. If the qual was solely speaking it would be a different matter but in this case it is combined. How does such a candidate demonstrate ability in order to meet this criteria? Comments appreciated.

Angela

Angela Keenan
Director of Assessment
Learning Resource Network
http://www.lrnglobal.org
*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]