Thank you Mike for that reference I will have a look; and I totally agree
Penny.  Having experienced only 4 group-sessions (not going for the
remaining 2) of CBT around a year and a half ago I knew something was off
with its very foundations.  I am struggling to figure out how to approach
the all pervasive advocacy and practice of CBT, not only in the welfare
function of my University, but peers of mine.  It's so frustrating because
the people who advocate it are 'experts' and the peers who support it,
support it exactly because it is advocated by 'experts' who are
'evidence-based', whatever that means.