They should go through planning as its a change of use and not therefor a GPDO I have not looked closely at it so there may be a size requirement

________________________________
 From: Jenny Emmett <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, 27 August 2013, 9:40
Subject: Re: [BRITARCH] New ponds

This scheme's been up and running for at least a year already.  Difficult to keep an eye on since they don't come through planning or agri-environment schemes, and are generally first heard about amid great fanfares in the local press.  I tried to make some tentative enquiries with the RSPB last year when I became aware of some rather large ponds newly created, but received taciturn and downright rude responses.  Hoping to make more headway with the LPA biodiversity officers and NRW, but having to take baby steps at the moment.

Jenny