From: British archaeology discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Clark
Sent: 09 August 2013 15:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BRITARCH] Megalithic legends

Hi guys,

a colleague in France has asked me for help regarding the myths and legends surrounding megalithic monuments in Britain and Ireland. Not really my field, and when I tried Googling I just get page after page of loony tunes.

Can anybody out there help? Any folklore surrounding particular megalithic sites, ideally with some decent scholarly (or at least sober) references would be marvellous.

It's nearly the weekend!

Best

Peter

Peter Clark BA FSA MIFA FSA Scot
Deputy Director
t: +44 (0) 1227 462 062
m: +44 (0)7968 573 418

________________________________
Canterbury Archaeological Trust Limited
92a Broad Street,
Canterbury, CT1 2LU

01227 462 062
http://www.canterburytrust.co.uk

Canterbury Archaeological Trust Limited is a company with limited liability registered in England No 1441517, a registered Charity No. 278861 and is registered as an archaeological organisation with the Institute for Archaeologists.

This email is only for the use of the addressee. It may contain information which is legally privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or disseminate this email or any enclosures to anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this communication in error, please advise us by telephone immediately.

While Canterbury Archaeological Trust Limited will attempt to ensure that all e-mail is virus free, Canterbury Archaeological Trust Limited will accept no liability for any damage caused by virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Scanned and filtered by MPR IT Solutions powered by MacAfee. www.mpr-it.co.uk

University of Winchester, a private charitable company limited by
guarantee in England and Wales number 5969256.
Registered Office: Sparkford Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO22 4NR