From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of John Shinners [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 01 July 2013 03:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [M-R] Saintly "guesstimate"

Though it could only be impressionistic, I wonder if anyone had ever seen an estimate of the total number of saints venerated in the Middle Ages?  If not, where would be a good place to start counting?

Thanks,
John

--
John Shinners
Professor, Schlesinger Chair in Humanistic Studies

"Learn everything. Later you will see that nothing is superfluous." -- Hugh of St. Victor (d. 1141)
********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/medieval-religion