Right-click on the shortcut on your desktop, select "properties", and see what folder
it has for "start in". Try changing it to C:/CCP4/6.3/bin/ if it is not.
Or add that folder to your path.
Perhaps windows has a notion of "current directory" and
includes that in the search path, and when you start by
clicking an executable in bin directory that is your
current directory, but when you start from a shortcut
it is not?

eab