 From: Longchuan Li <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: [FSL] a question of using "Eddy"

Hi, Jesper

Thank you very much for the information. I checked the data using the command you provided and got the following:

for imain:

dim0           4
dim1           94
dim2           94
dim3           52
dim4           258
dim5           1
dim6           1
dim7           1
pixdim0        0.0000000000
pixdim1
 1.0000000000
pixdim2        1.0000000000
pixdim3        1.0000419617
pixdim4        1.0000000000
pixdim5        0.0000000000
pixdim6        0.0000000000
pixdim7        0.0000000000
phase_dim      0
freq_dim       0
slice_dim      0

and for the mask:

dim0           3
dim1           94
dim2           94
dim3           52
dim4
 1
dim5           1
dim6           1
dim7           1
pixdim0        0.0000000000
pixdim1        1.0000000000
pixdim2        1.0000000000
pixdim3        1.0000400543
pixdim4        0.0000000000
pixdim5        0.0000000000
pixdim6        0.0000000000
pixdim7        0.0000000000
phase_dim      0
freq_dim       0
slice_dim      0

I realize that they have different dim0, which is something I am never aware
 of before. Could you explain what it is and whether it is the problem causing eddy to fail?

Also, these averaged b0s are actually co-registered together before being averaged. I originally thought that topup may benefit from the increased SNR of the averaged b0s. So you do not think it is a good practice?

Thank you again for the help!

Longchuan