From: Museums Computer Group [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Nick Poole [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 02 May 2013 14:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Invitation to register - Museum Informatics Day, 4th June, National Railway Museum, York

Dear MCG'ers,

(this is a separate event from the 'Roadmap for Preservation' project
which Gordon emailed about earlier)

Further to the recent discussion about 'COPE
<http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/discover/sustaining-digital/1766-cope
> ', CIDOC CRM and museum informatics in general, I am pleased to
announce that bookings are now open for a one-day Museum Informatics
Event, which will take place on the 4th June at the National Railway
Museum in York, being organised jointly between the Collections Trust
and the Museums Computer Group.

You can register for the event via Collections Link at:
http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/events/museum-informatics-event

Attendance at the meeting is free, but please be aware that the
Collections Trust is unable to pay for people's travel and accommodation
(we'll pay for the sandwiches and fizzy pop!). Places are strictly
limited (to 30 in total), so please do book asap and do let us know if
you subsequently think you won't be able to make it.

In terms of the agenda, we wanted to open this up to the MCG community
to decide. Mia and I have discussed the following items for inclusion,
but we would really welcome your thoughts, comments and suggestions on
what we need to cover (bearing in mind that we have one day, and
possibly the previous evening in the pub!). Please either share your
views on the following on-list or drop me a line off-list if you're more
comfortable with that.

*         Create Once, Publish Everywhere

*         Museum data standards and the CIDOC CRM

*         Integrated Knowledge & Information Management

*         Semantics, documentation and linked data

*         Metadata & interoperability

*         Museum Information Systems

*         Terminology and taxonomy

Many thanks to the National Railway Museum for offering to host and to
Richard Light for making it happen!

Looking forward to an interesting discussion!

Nick

Nick Poole
Chief Executive Officer
Collections Trust

Insurance for Museums Conference 2013
<http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/events/insuranceconf2013>

25 April 2013 * British Library Conference Centre

2-3 July 2013, The Kia Oval

www.openculture2013.org.uk <http://www.openculture2013.org.uk>

  <http://www.twitter.com/collectiontrust>

Linked
<http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=3280471&type=member&item=12
7734931&qid=f3e77705-7ec2-44c7-99db-7fe325bb16fc&trk=group_most_recent_r
ich-0-b-ttl&goback=%2Egmr_3280471>

Join CT's Collections Management Group

Visit Collections Trust online

www.collectionstrust.org.uk <http://www.collectionstrust.org.uk/>

www.collectionslink.org.uk <http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/>

www.culturegrid.org.uk <http://www.culturegrid.org.uk/>

Company Registration No: 1300565 Registered Charity No: 273984

Registered Office: Collections Trust, WC 209, Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

DISCLAIMER: This email and files transmitted are
confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose,
distribute or use it in any unauthorised manner.  If you
have received this email in error please notify us by
email to [log in to unmask] and then delete
it and any attachments accompanying it.  Please note that
Wolverhampton City Council cannot guarantee that this
message or any attachments are virus free or have not been
intercepted and amended.
Any views or opinions expressed within this email are
those of the author and may not necessarily reflect those
of Wolverhampton City Council and no contractual
arrangement is intended to arise from this communication.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg