Good afternoon all,

Since early April we've been unable to access our subscribed de Gruyter journal content from off-campus. If a user finds the article they want and tries to open the full-text PDF, a box pops up asking them to sign in, or pay, or connect via institution. They click ‘connect via institution’, select ‘Aberystwyth University’, click ‘go to login’, and then up pops the shibboleth box for them to enter their university username and password. So far so good – but then they get returned to the de Gruyter  homepage. So then they have to search for the journal again and find the article. When they try to open the full text PDF, a box pops up asking them to sign in, or pay, or connect via institution. They click ‘connect via institution’…. well, you get the idea. Access from ON-campus works fine.

I reported this to de Gruyter six weeks ago, but they don't seem to be tackling the problem with any great sense of urgency.
Can I ask - is anybody else experiencing this, or are we alone?

Many thanks,

Tom Francis

Materials Acquisition
Hugh Owen Library
Penglais Campus
Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
SY23 3DZ

email: [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org
Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG