Hican I come along to the wed 22 may walk at gasworksbestmanjinder
 Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 23:11:33 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: The Walking Reading Group on Participation - London
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear All,

I would like to invite you to join The Walking
Reading Group on Participation that in May will be walking the streets of South
and North London. The group is facilitated by Simone Mair and myself.

The group is a spring version of The Reading Group on
Participation that was commissioned by Elbow Room and hosted by g39 in
Cardiff.

We will be walking on:

Tue 21st May and Wed 22nd May (6:00 - 9:00 pm on
both days)

meeting point:  Gasworks, 155
Vauxhall Street, London SE11 5RH

and

Tue 28th May  and Wed 29th May (6:00 -
9:00 pm on both days)

meeting point: The Showroom, 63
Penfold Street, London NW8 8PQ

Please e-mail me if you want to join as spaces are limited.The group offers a chance to discuss the issues
surrounding participation, engagement, collaboration, and social practice
through a dynamic walking reading group. For each session some texts will
be set in advance and will form the backbone of the exchange. We will depart
from a venue and walk for up to an hour, swapping conversations and partners
several times. A part from the discussed texts and personal experiences, art
projects related to the area will form our dialogues. The
selection of texts and the applied dynamic methodology is an attempt to view
beyond the binary logic of Socially Engaged Art practices, which often oppose
participation to exclusion, nature to culture, thus subject to object.

* * *

I also would like to let you know that the first publication developed using the principles of co-writing and titled
after the event where it was developed I'm Not Sitting at the Front is
now live and can be read and downloaded from issuu. Enjoy!

This work is also commissioned by Elbow Room and is part of Intercourse project.

Best wishes,

Ania

http://www.aniabas.com
0044 (0) 77 3150 9854