Dear Alle,

I haven't seen that on a healthy system before so I suspect you are having some serious NFS issues.  Try and make sure that you don't have too many files in your directory, as that is often a cause of slowness.

In the meantime the easiest work around would be to save a Melodic GUI set-up that is working for you and then take the fsf file and edit the contents.  Then you can load it into the Melodic GUI (which would be slow, but at least only once) and start it going from the GUI.

Alternatively, just look at the log and replicate everything at the command line, avoiding the GUI completely, although that is a lot more complicated.

All the best,
	Mark