Here is what I am looking to answer:

We can guess there could be two ways of handling multi b0 images acquired
every N number of directions in a DTI dataset****

**1.       **FSL may calculate the mean b0 image across all b0 images no
matter the timing of b0 images, and use the mean b0 image for all diffusion
encoded images to calculate diffusivity of each direction.****

**2.       **Or FSL use a single b0 images, which is closest to a certain
diffusion encoded image. i.e. when the first and fourth images are b0, the
second diffusion encoded image uses the first b0 whereas the fifth
diffusion encoded image uses the fourth b0 image for diffusivity estimation.
****

** **

I guess that 1 is the way how FSL handles multi b0 images in a DTI dataset,
but I like to make sure it is the case.

Any help would be appreciated in answering this,

Susan