What kind of discussion list is this?

It's recently been asserted here that ...

"We have a big, pretty messy literature about design
 activities that is pretty much broad brush and guesswork"

The "we" here, I take it, means us; more than 2000 design
research interested people we can, I think, reasonably
suppose.

However, if this really is a design research discussion list,
assertions like this one would not be posted here.  It's an
assertion made without any pointers to the literature referred
to, and made with no kind of support or justification or
argumentation for how this "big" literature can fairly be
described as mostly "broad brush" and "guesswork."

This kind of assertion has no place in a constructive
discussion of designing and design research, and it is mildly
insulting to those authors who have contributed to the
literature on design activities.

This kind of assertion, and others like it, are Ego Trip
posts.  Is this what PhD-Design list is here for?

I don't think so, but, as many of you know, it takes a great
deal of time and effort to respond in a constructive way to
this kind of post.

Regrettably, very much so, I'm not in a situation in which I
can dedicate this kind of time and effort to this, and I don't
think I'm alone in this.

However, nor can I easily just watch this kind of thing go by,
leaving it's mark on the list, suggesting that this kind of
post is a good example of good design research discussion.

So, this will be my last PhD-Design post, and I won't be here
to see what follows.  I've decided to drop off the list, in
frustration, not in protest.

Best regards,

Tim