Thanks, Mario

I have to admit that wasn't aware of researcherid. However, note that it is only "free" in the sense that you need access to ISI Web of Knowledge, which certainly isn't free!

In all citation analyses, there is the problem of disambiguation, whether with WoS, Google, PoP or Scopus. There have been several studies on this.

I also agree that the same tool should be used for all respondents to a survey, at least if possible.  When I suggested the use of PoP, I had surmised that the researcher might want to extend the search from the self-selected respondents to other known scholars in the field. I almost added a note to say that it should be used with caution, but in research doesn't that go without saying?

And with the h-index, you will of course get different results next year!

Quentin Burrell