Dear allstat members,

Many of you may be engaged in the analysis of data of obsevational
routinely collected data such as primary care databases, administrative
health data and other electronic health records. Further, you may have
read or written papers and realised that the STROBE Statement for
reporting of observational studies  doesn't always fit to the reporting
of these type of data.

A little more than a year ago we started the RECORD initiative to
develop an extension of the STROBE statement for reporting of research
using routinely-collected health data. We are now at a stage where we
are recruiting stakeholders to take part in this development. So if you
are interested to take part, please do register as a stakeholder by
e-mailing [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Please find below some further details of the process.

Irene

-----

The steering committee of the *_RE_*_porting of studies *C*ollected
using *O*bservational *R*outinely-collected *D*ata (RECORD)_ initiative
is engaging stakeholders to participate in development of the RECORD
statement, an extension of the STROBE Statement for the reporting of
research using routinely-collected health data. We will ask stakeholders
for participation in a modified Delphi exercise, consisting of two
surveys. In the first survey, stakeholders will suggest elements which
they consider essential in the reporting of database research for
inclusion in the RECORD statement.Following this initial stage, you will
be asked to rank suggested items of greatest importance from the most
popular themes and statements provided. The RECORD working committee
will then use these suggestions to elaborate the final checklist.

See details on the initiative at http://www.record-statement.org.Please
e-mail [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>to register for the stakeholders
group or for more information.

Sincerely,

RECORD Statement Steering Committee

Irene Petersen, PhD
UCL
Department of Primary Care and Population Health
Rowland Hill St
London
NW3 2PF
Phone 020 7794 0500 exn. 34395