James,

Sounds interesting. If I lived nearby, I'd be tempted to come along. Put me in mind of - and I wonder if you've read it - Richard Powers's novel 'The Echo Maker' - about a man diagnozed with Capgras syndrome after a head injury in a road accident and much more.

Kind regards,

Chris

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of James Piercy [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 02 February 2013 17:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] What's going on in my head?

Apologies for cross posting
List members might be interested in an event I am running next week in London and I would love your feedback if you come along.

"What's going on in his head?"

James Piercy was involved in a serious road traffic accident on 30th January 2011. He suffered a traumatic brain injury and spent nearly two months in hospital including time at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH), Addenbrookes and the Colman Hospital.  Now, almost fully recovered, James will be telling his story and hopes that others can learn from his experience.

James’ talk entitled “What’s going on in his head?” will be taking place on Thursday 7th February at 3.00pm at the Drayton Court Hotel The Avenue West Ealing

During this talk James will take you on a journey which promises to be a funny, shocking and sometimes emotional experience.   There will also be a chance to find out about the monitoring and treatment of head injury, just how much we really know about our brains and the impact of this 'hidden disability'.

James Piercy
Science Communicator
Science Made Simple Ltd (East)

Part of The Training Group - Supporting public engagement in the research community

303 Dereham Road
Norwich
Norfolk
NR2 3TJ
tel 07709968590
bookings 02920 876 884

Registered company number – 05187306                   VAT registration number 862 387 008
Registered Offices:  science made simple ltd    14-17 The Parade,    Cardiff       CF24 3AA

********************************************************************** Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]

********************************************************************** [Note from the moderator - I'm trying to simplify this information and correct some bits, please bear with me - Jo]