This is an invitation for Authors to submit a paper for the above award.
- The purposes of the competition are to:
- recognise outstanding accomplishments in the practice of Operational Research,
- attract more application-oriented papers to EURO Conferences,
- promote the practice of Operational Research in general.
All interested authors are invited to submit a detailed description of an application of Operational Research which has original features, whether in methodology, application or implementation. This may be in the form of a paper written for publication (although not necessarily published at the time of submission), a client report, or other appropriate documentation. The documentation must describe the work in a way which illustrates how it meets the criteria outlined below. The age limit for published papers is four years. The work must not have been submitted concurrently to another competition. The application is open to Operational Research specialists from any part of the world.
The criteria for the evaluation of the papers are:
- scientific quality,
- relevance to Operational Research,
- originality in methodology, implementations and/ or field of application,
- a real impact to practice,
- appreciation by the organisation involved with the application.
Letters of appreciation are important.
The jury selects a short-list of finalists who will present their work in a special session of the EURO Conference 2013 in Rome. There is no registration fee for one author of each of the finalist presentations. The winner will be determined by the jury at the end of the special session and will be announced by the chairman of the jury during the closing session of the EURO Conference.
The prize for the winners is a distinct honour, and in material terms consists of:
- a certificate of excellence in OR practice for each author of the paper and for the concerned organization,
- an amount of 3.000 EUR for the authors.
Prof. Gautier Stauffer, ENSIMAG, France
Prof. Nadia Brauner, UJF - UFR IMAG, France
Prof. dr. A. (Ton) G. de Kok, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Netherlands
Prof. Luca Maria Gambardella, IDSIA Lugano, Switzerland
Dr. Marco Laumanns, IBM Research - Zurich, Switzerland
Prof. Dr. Joerg Rambau, Universitaet Bayreuth, Germany
Dr Sarah Fores
Manager of EURO