Sent: 20 February 2013 15:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: EDEXCEL functional skills

Michelle

We had a similar fall in our FS ICT success rates at Level 2. On talking to the tutors it appears that the students "find VLOOKUP too confusing so we take a chance and don't teach it any more". Guess what one of the main questions was about? Coupled with the relatively high pass mark not getting marks on that question was enough to guarantee failure.

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Buck
Exams Co-ordinator
Herefordshire College of Technology
DDI: 01432 365315
Int: x315
Group Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Please remind students that NO Mobile Phones, iPods, MP3/4 players, or any device with electronic storage are to be taken into examination rooms, and that Photo ID has to be shown for all examinations

>>> Michelle Lockett <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> 2/20/2013 2:39 pm >>>
Having received the first batch of paper ICT Functional Skills results from Edexcel from the 1A January window we were surprised with the high level of fails and as such have contacted Edexcel who state there were no issues with papers reported.

I would be interested to hear from anybody else who has found this to be the case with ICT L1 L2 paper based Jan 1A

Michelle
Michelle Lockett
Administrative Officer MIS/ Exams
Room G21
01606 720581

Michelle Lockett

[cid:image001.png@01CE0F7F.FA197A40]

Mid Cheshire College
Hartford Campus
Chester Road, Northwich,
Cheshire CW8 1LJ
T: 01606 74444
F: 01606 720700

Visit our website:  http://www.midchesh.ac.uk<http://www.midchesh.ac.uk/>

Disclaimer
This E-mail transmission is confidential and intended for the addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the person or organisation to whom it is addressed, you must not look at its contents, copy or distribute or take any action in reliance upon it.
Accordingly, Mid Cheshire College disclaims all responsibility and accept no liability ( including in negligence ) for the consequences for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those persons of subsequent written confirmation.
If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephoning 00 44 (0)1606 74444. Please also delete the message from your computer.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and or publication of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited.

This email and any content are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Herefordshire College of Technology.

Herefordshire College of Technology. Folly Lane, Hereford.
http://www.hct.ac.uk/News/info_event.html

Information Event Dates
This email has been scanned by the iCritical Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.icritical.com/