Sent from my iPad

On 18 Feb 2013, at 16:42, "Bustard, Steve" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Thanks Tony, that is very helpful.

I have escalated it, I couldn’t type the e-mail quickly enough to pass it on!!!

It is currently with one of our Vice-Principals. Suspect it is being passed around like a hot potato among the top bananas (am I getting food obsessed, must be the time of the day!).

Guess it will come down to whether we can say it is a data protection issue, but they haven’t asked for anything specific about individual cases.

Can’t help thinking it has come from a disgruntled disqualification-ee.

Thanks and regards

Steve Bustard
Exams Co-ordinator
Tresham College of Further and Higher Education | Windmill Avenue | Kettering | Northants | NN15 6ER
Tel: 01536 413036
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
also: mis&[log in to unmask]<mailto:mis&[log in to unmask]>

Sent: 18 February 2013 16:35
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Freedom of Information Request

Hi Steve

I have had experience of this in the past from a financial point of view.

Basically anyone can request information from a public authority and if they state it is under the freedom of information act then you have 20 working days to respond and must provide the information. The only exceptions are:

If it would cost too much to prepare the info (I think the limit is anything over £450)
If the request is vexatious (basically a request just to annoy you or someone linked to the subject)
If it is an identical request that has been made before by the same person
If it compromises the data protection act.

Personally I do not think that this decision would lie at an exams officers level. I would be escalating this to your senior leadership, most likely your Headteacher or principal.

Hope this helps.

Tony McIlroy
Team Manager - Exams
Derby College, 2 Roundhouse Road, Pride Park, DERBY, DE24 8JE
Telephone: 0300 1237890 |Ext. 4020 |

<image001.jpg>