Hi there,

The main  2 we see are as follows:-

1) The default Total column

Unlike the other columns you cannot hit the drop-down and select "Show/Hide to Users" which tends to "throw people."

You have to go to Edit Column Information and set "Show this Column to Students" to No.

2) A column where "Hide Column" is selected.

This hides from the lecturer view only and not the student view.

To get it back use:

Manage

Column organisation

Click on the box of the hidden column you require

Click on the Show/Hide drop down

Select "Show Selected Columns"

Press Submit

Once you have it back in view in the grade Centre you can then set it to hide using "Show/Hide to Users"

Tip

We have grade centre marking where the mark is split into 4 marking columns, a word count penalty column and a total column where we set it up to automatically calculate the final mark.

For entering marks we set up Smart Views (a chosen subset view of the Grade Centre) and show the specific columns only when entering marks.

This is popular now as with more and more assessments going into the grade centre, it saves you having to scroll along all the time to enter manual marks.

Smart View are located in Manage, Smart Views.

Kind Regards

Fraser McLeish

Fraser McLeish • Learning Technologist • School of Health and Life Sciences
Glasgow Caledonian University • +44 (0)141 273 1067 •  [log in to unmask]