I would have expected / enjoyed a contribution from
Hossein Nasr ( for example ), one of the contributors to
*Sophia : The Journal of Traditional Studies*, or even
from Moshe Idel - as I have been given to understand
that Judaic magical praxis is currently considered to
be non-European /"oriental" by the Academy, and students
of the "Western Esoteric Tradition" are advised to steer
clear ( although, with the recent publication of Claire
Fanger's *Invoking Angels*, I expect that will change ).

That said, I have Stausberg's *Defining Magic* on order
for the shelves here at the Harry Everett Smith Memorial
Library.

Cors in Manu Domine,

~ Khem Caigan

"Heat and Moisture are Active to Generation;
Cold and Dryness are Passive, in and to each Thing;
Fire and Air, Active by Elementation;
Water and Earth, Passive to Generation."

*Of the Division of Chaos*
~ Dr. Simon Forman