Hi Tim,

You may have already seen this, but Steve Draper at Glasgow University has collated some information and resources on PhDs by publication, together with some of his own thoughts, at http://www.psy.gla.ac.uk/~steve/resources/phd.html.

I completed mine this way, but through the ‘traditional’ portfolio route of a series of academic publications. A colleague here was also successful some years ago with a more diverse portfolio which included artistic outputs (in this case design work through embroidery) so there are examples of alternative approaches out there.

Regards,

Linda

Professor Linda Creanor

GCU LEAD (Centre for Learning Enhancement and Academic Development)

Glasgow Caledonian University | Cowcaddens Rd | Glasgow | G4 0BA

Office: +44 (0)141 273 1323 | Mobile: +44 (0)7970 702783