Dear Crumb-list,

I am aware that this is off-topic with regard to the current discussion
and that this list should not be used for announcements. However, I
think that on this list is a large number of people with a special
interest in exactly that kind of publications RIXC are producing. For a
long time those have only been available directly from RIXC. Now, the
Acoustic Space series of publications can also be ordered via online
bookshop ... see announcement below. I hope that people will not only
use this opportunity as individuals but also promnpt their university
libraries to get the whole series ... best, Armin

Hello!

We are very happy to let you know that we have made it easier now for
those who are interested in our Acoustic Space publications, to purchase
them via Amazon.com!

Acoustic Space was founded by E-Lab in 1998, initially as a journal for
new media culture with focus on sound art, internet radio, and other
creative explorations within the digitally networked environments. Since
2007 Acoustic Space comes out as a peer-reviewed journal for
transdisciplinary research on art, science, technology and society,
published by RIXC, Riga Center for New Media Culture in collaboration
with Art Research Lab (MPLab) of Liepaja University.

Such titles are available now on AMAZON.COM:

Acoustic Space #11 TECHNO-ECOLOGIES (the most recent - see more info
below, ed. by Rasa Smite, Eric Kluitenberg, Raitis Smits) - this volume
for first time is in English only!

Acoustic Space #10 Networks and Sustainability (ed. by Rasa Smite, Armin
Medosch, Raitis Smits)
Acoustic Space #9 Art as Research (ed. by Rasa Smite, Kerstin Mey,
Raitis Smits)
Acoustic Space #8 Energy - Scientific and Artistic, Utopian and Critical
Visions (ed. by Rasa Smite, Raitis Smits)
Acoustic Space #7 Spectropia - illuminating investigations in
electromagnetic spectrum (ed. by Rasa Smite, Armin Medosch)
Acoustic Space #6 Waves - electromagnetic waves as material and medium
in art (ed. by Rasa Smite, Armin Medosch)
Acoustic Space #5 Trans-Cultural Mapping (ed. by Rasa Smite, Marc Tuters)
(these previous volumes are bilangual - in English and Latvian)
Transbiotics. Temporal Stability Points [exhibition catalog] (curators,
editors Rasa Smite, Raitis Smits, Jens Hauser)
net.art.lv - We are on the Net [exhibition catalog] (curators, editors
Rasa Smite, Raitis Smits)

it is also possible to order these books via RIXC directly, please email
your order request to me: [log in to unmask]

kind regards,
Dr. Rasa Smite
Riga Center for New Media Culture RIXC / Art Research Lab @ Liepaja
University

--->

The Riga Centre for New Media Culture RIXC has published new volume:
Acoustic Space #11

TECHNO-ECOLOGIES
Edited by Rasa Smite, Eric Kluitenberg and Raitis Smits

      "It is quite simply wrong to regard action on the psyche, the
socius, and the environment
       as separate". (Felix Guattari, Three Ecologies, 1989)

Everyday life is intimately interwoven with complex technological
ecologies. We can no longer consider technology as the alienating
"other". The idea is that we "inhabit" technological ecologies
emphasises our connectedness to our environment (material, natural,
technological) and our dependence on available resources (material,
energetic, biological, cultural). Mastering these conditions is vital to
our survival on this planet. Techno-Ecologies builds upon the urgent
call by philosopher Felix Guattari for an integrated perspective on the
dramatic techno-scientific transformations the Earth is undergoing.
Three crucially important "ecological registers" need to be taken into
account: the environment, social relations, and human subjectivity. This
techno-ecological perspective was the topic of the "TECHNO-ECOLOGIES"
conference in Riga, November 4-5, 2011.
This publication is structured around three thematic sections related to
Guattari's ecological registers - I environmental ecology, II social
ecology, III mental ecology, and a fourth that introduces - IV emerging
techno-ecological art practices. It brings together contributions by
conference participants as well as other authors, engaging issues of
social and ecological sustainability and a deeper understanding of
technology as an extension of our techno-phantasmatic desires.
Techno-Ecologies thus offers a perspective that can help us chart less
hazardous routes into the future than the ones travelled currently.

Contributors: Eric Kluitenberg, David Rothenberg, Ojars Balcers, Ronald
van Tienhoven, Koert van Mensvoort, Martin Howse, Karen Lancel, Hermen
Maat, Tatiana Goryucheva, Andrew Gryf Paterson, Normunds Kozlovs,
Siegfried Zielinski, Daniel Irrgang, Arne Hendriks, Gisele Trudel, Annie
Goh, Rasa Smite, Raitis Smits, Ingo Gunther, Julian Oliver, Gordan
Savicic, Danja Vasiliev, Bart Vandeput and others.

For the first time Acoustic Space has been published in English only.
Latvian edition will come out as a separate book.
Price: 12,90 EUR + shipping 6 EUR (in EU).
ISSN 1407-2858, 165 p., ill., 2012, Riga, Latvia.
The volume can be ordered writing an e-mail rixc (at) rixc.lv, or
purchased through PayPal at http://rixc.lv/kiosks/

And this volume along all other RIXC publications will be also available
soon (in 1-2 weeks time) on Amazon.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Techno-Ecologies" is the 11th issue of Acoustic Space Series. "Acoustic
Space" (published since 1998) is a journal  for new media culture and
creative explorations within digital networked environments and
electro-acoustic space. Since 2007 Acoustic Space has come out as a
peer-reviewed international journal for transdisciplinary research on
art, science, technology and society.

Contacts:
RIXC, The Centre for New Media Culture, 11. novembra krastmala 35-201,
Riga, LV-1050, Latvia
ph.: +371 67228478, rixc (at) rixc.lv
http://rixc.lv
http://renewable.rixc.lv