From: The Disability-Research Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of LILITH Finkler
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 8:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Participating in elections

well, I do know that here in Canada, there is a campaign to ensure election accessibility. I will forward you some of the e-mails under separate cover.
I also just came across a video about psychiatric inpatients who
obtained the right to vote in federal elections in Canada in 1988. See link to video below..Lilith

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/politics/rights-freedoms/voting-in-canada-how-a-privilege-became-a-right/lifting-restrictions-on-mental-patients.html Voting Video

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/ CBC Digital Archives Home Page