Hi David,
No, I'm not doing this, but here is what Newcastle Uni did:
http://gfivo.ncl.ac.uk/documents/UsingKerberosticketsfortrueSingleSignOn.pdf
fyi, if you can do similar:
We achieve desktop SSO because our idp's login page is "protected"
(SSO'd) using NetIQ Access Manager (Our institution's reverse proxy, LB,
ssl offload, SSO system).

Simon Palmer
Head of Development

Colegsirgâr

e-mail: [log in to unmask]
tel: 01554 748088
www.colegsirgar.ac.uk
>>> David Perry <[log in to unmask]> 22/10/2012 14:35 >>>
Hi all

Does anyone have any experience deploying this? Onto a linux (SLES 10
SP4) IdP. I've installed the Kerberos client stuff (I *think* - got
krb5, krb5-32bit, krb5-client, yast2-kerberos-client packges installed),
but mod_auth_kerb for Apache won't build - it's complaining no Kerberos
environment is setup yet, probably because until IT figure out what
Kerberos ports are needed and these are opened, I can't configure the
client to talk to our AD server.

I've read the Kerberos login handler config example on this page:
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/Kerberos+Login+Handler
(handler.xml configuration)
and am unsure what domains should go where in the krb:Realm sections
(there are two in this example, but we only want to talk to one
AD/Kerberos domain using one https:// - hosted IdP.

Do we only need 1 :Realm definition?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

David Perry
eLearning Technologist, eLearning Team (L34 - Library)
Hull College Group
Wilberforce Drive, Queen's Gardens, Hull
HU1 3DG
Extension 2230 / Direct Dial 01482 381930

* * * Think about the environment - Do you really need to print this
email?

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee
only. It may  contain confidential or sensitive
information.  The contents are not to be disclosed
to anyone other than the addressee.  Unauthorised
recipients are requested to preserve this
confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in
transmission.  Any views expressed in this message
are solely the views of the individual and do not
represent the views of the College.  Nothing in this
message should be construed as creating a contract.

Hull College owns the email infrastructure, including the contents.

Hull College is committed to sustainability, please reflect before
printing this email.

Mae'r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw ffeiliau atodedig yn gyfrinachol ac at sylw'r
unigolyn neu'r sefydliad a enwir uchod. Bydd
unrhyw farn neu sylwadau a fynegir yn perthyn i'r awdur yn unig ac ni
chynrychiolant o anghenraid farn Coleg Sir Gâr.
Os ydych chi wedi derbyn yr e-bost hwn ar gam, rhowch sylw i'r
gweinyddwr ar y cyfeiriad canlynol:

Cysidrwch yr amgylchedd - a oes wir angen argraffu'r ebost hwn?

intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coleg Sir
Gâr. If you have received this email in error please notify the
administrator on the following address:

Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this
email?.