Sure David, if I may, we keep the name tel quel
Brazilian greetings,
Cristina.

Profa. Dra. Cristina Altman
Universidade de São Paulo
Departamento de Linguística
Av. Prof. Luciano Gualberto 403
05508-900 São Paulo - SP - B R A S I L
Tel: +55 11 3091 4298
Fax: +55 11 3031 6392

----- David Cram <[log in to unmask]> escreveu:

Dear All

The exchange of views has been very positive, with some constructive suggestions about how the name might better reflect the scope and perspective of our Society’s activities. However, it seems to me that there is a strong
> overall consensus in favour of preserving the present name of the Society, on a variety of independent but mutually supporting criteria.

For my own part, many considerations notwithstanding, I am minded to withdraw my own proposal that the name be modified.

Would anyone care to second the suggestion that (even without having concluded a
>bellum in any strict sense of the term) we maintain the
>status quo as regards the Society’s name?

David

PS. Congratulations to Konrad on the success of the SiHoLS series.