Guess we may need to spread more patient 'user' awareness?

best,

rakesh

From: Geoff Schrecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 1:57 PM

This is a really interesting area, but the thing that intrigues me most is why the uptake of records access is so low when it is available, even in the hands of practitioners who are putting a lot of time and energy into promoting it. We use EMIS WEB as our practice clinical record system which gives the option of offering online access by patients to their records but we are hesitant about implementing it in th light of experience from other colleagues.

Does anyone know of any research into why patients don't access this facility?