I have to run off to a meeting.

Just to say, I was stumped by the relationship designator for the contributor here. I "contributions by" didn't give me enough information to pick one from RDA's list, and I puzzled over whether I should add the vague "contributor" or just leave it blank. The axiom "When in doubt leave it out" led to an odd-looking record, I fear.

Anne

From: Anne Welsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, 24 October 2012 11:14
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] Submission of record 3

Caveats apply: NOT teaching material, just own stab at this; although I teach and write RDA, because so much of the application of any set of rules is about practice and policy as well as the rules themselves, I am also just learning. :)

Anne

Anne Welsh

Lecturer in Library and Information Studies

Acting Director of Studies, UCL Department of Information Studies
(Term 1, covering Rob Miller's sabbatical)

Digital Identity Manager
UCL Centre for Digital Humanities

Assistant Editor
Alexandria: the Journal of National and International Library Issues

Out Now: Practical Cataloguing: AACR2, RDA and MARC21
by Anne Welsh and Sue Batley. Facet Publishing, 2012.

It is possible to attend solely for departmental events from 3pm

University College London
Gower Street
London
WC1E 6BT