From: CIG E-Forum [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Anne Welsh [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 24 October 2012 10:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] Discussion of record 2

I think the relationship designator question is significant. While a human can infer authorship unless something else is stated, a computer needs statements to be explicit and this will help in any future data manipulation. So, ugly as it looks, I think it's a good idea to include it. Plus, there's the whole issue that in a world without preference for books or text (which RDA aims to be), the default responsibility shouldn't be so text-creator-sepcific as author ;)

Anne