This issue creeps into repository work too in terms of whether it's one record or 2 for a conference paper that was then published!

Katrina

-----Original Message-----
From: C.J. Carty [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of C.J. Carty
Sent: 25 October 2012 11:31
To: Clifford, Katrina M
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM]

There are subtle differences on this between AACR2 practice and RDA, and
even AACR2 practice was supplemented by an LCRI which slightly changed its
emphasis over time with regards to conferences as main entry. So basically,
don't feel you're being inconsistent yourself, the inconsistency is there
in the rules ;)

To answer Bernadette's question, I would need to see more of the book (eg
the introduction or editor's note might explain more fully how "revised"
the papers are) but in most cases, if presented as the outcome of the
conference, I wouldn't question too much I think (not a solid rule, just a
general feeling, I'm afraid)

Celine

--
Céline Carty