I went from 2.12.9.3 to the General guidelines at 1.7, to the Symbol rules at 1.7.5 to the LC-PCC Ps for 1.7.5, which says to omit the symbol if its not essential. (though I think originally I just transcribed it, given RDA's emphasis on transcription).

Would also add: I've found this kind of jumping form rule to rule happens a lot. Whilst the online format of the toolkit makes this much faster than flipping pages, I feel sometimes that I'm lost in the depths of RDA and can't find my way out again!

HelenD.

Helen Doyle
Assistant Librarian

Royal Academy of Dance
36 Battersea Square
London
SW11 3RA
0207 326 8032

>>> Helen Williams <[log in to unmask]> 10/24/2012 2:15 pm >>>
On whether to include the # in the series numbering, I recorded it based
on 2.12.9.3 which says to record as it appears on the source of
information.  What do others think?

Helen

Helen Williams

Assistant Librarian, Bibliographic Services

LSE Library Services

The London School of Economics and Political Science

10 Portugal Street

London WC2A 2HD

020 7955 7234