I was confused about what we were actually cataloguing - just the
update, or the 2nd edition with the updated pages integrated into it?

If it's an integrating resource, I don't know how to express the dates.
Best I could come up with was "published 2002, last updated 2005".

HelenD.

Helen Doyle
Assistant Librarian

Royal Academy of Dance
36 Battersea Square
London
SW11 3RA
0207 326 8032

>>> "Peaden, William" <[log in to unmask]> 10/24/2012 3:03 pm

Hi

Record 1.

Issues:

  1.  Steering committee? do we include individual bodies as
contributors
  2.  Binder - how we describe the text when there is also a an update.
+ mode of issuance?

IDENTIFYING MANIFESTATIONS AND ITEMS

Title proper (T)

2.3.2
245 $a

Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules

Parallel title proper (T) +

2.3.3
245 $b

Other title information (T) +

2.3.4
245 $b

Statement of responsibility relating to title proper (T)

2.4.2
245 $c

Prepared under the direction of the Joint Steering Committee for
Revision of AACR a committee of, the American Library Association, The
Australian Committee on Cataloguing, the British Library, the Canadian
Committee on Cataloguing, the Charter Institute of Library and
Information Professionals, the Library of Congress

Variant title

2.3.6

AACR2

Designation of edition (T)

2.5.2

Second edition, 2002 revision, 2005 update

Place of publication (T)

2.8.2
264#1 $a

Chicago

Publisher’s name (T)

2.8.4
264#1 $b

American Library Association

Place of publication (T)

2.8.2
264#1 $a

Ottawa

Publisher’s name (T)

2.8.4
264#1 $b

Canadian Library Association

Place of publication (T)

2.8.2
264#1 $a

London

Publisher’s name (T)

2.8.4
264#1 $b

Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals

Date of publication

2.8.6
264#1 $c

Place of manufacture (T)

2.10.2
264#3 $a

Manufacturer’s name (T)

2.10.4
264#3 $b

Date of manufacture

2.10.6
264#3 $c

Copyright date

2.11
264#4 $c

©2005

Title proper of series (T)

2.12.2
490 $a

ISSN of series +

2.12.8
490 $x

Numbering within series (T)

2.12.9
490 $v

Mode of issuance +

2.13
Ldr/07

integrating resource

Frequency +

2.14
310/321

Identifier ... manifestation

2.15

1856045706 (full text with update)

Identifier ... manifestation

2.15

1856045714 (full text with update and binder)

Identifier ... manifestation

2.15

1856045692 (update pages only)

Note on title +

2.20.2
500/547

Note on issue, part, or iteration used as the basis for identification
of the resource +

2.20.13
500/588

DESCRIBING CARRIERS

Media type +

3.2

unmediated

Carrier type

3.3

volume

Extent

3.4
300 $a

1 volume (loose leaf)

Dimensions +

3.5
300 $c

30 cm

IDENTIFYING WORKS AND EXPRESSIONS

Preferred title for the work

6.2.2
130/240/7XX

Content type

6.9

text

DESCRIBING CONTENT

Language of the content +

7.12
008/546

eng

Illustrative content +

7.15
300 $b

Supplementary content +

7.16
500/504

PERSONS, FAMILIES, AND CORPORATE BODIES ASSOCIATED WITH A RESOURCE

Creator

19.2
1XX/7XX

Joint Steering Committee for Revision of AACR

Other person, family, or corporate body associated with a work

19.3
7XX

Contributor +

20.2
7XX

American Library Association

Contributor +

20.2
7XX

Australian Committee on Cataloguing

Contributor +

20.2
7XX

British Library

Contributor +

20.2
7XX

Canadian Committee on Cataloguing

Contributor +

20.2
7XX

Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals

Contributor +

20.2
7XX

Library of Congress