I went for LITA guide in the 490 (transcription/title proper of series) and LITA guides in the 830 (related work) because I think that was the form used in the series authority record.  I'm not sure if that's right though!
Helen

-----Original Message-----
From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tabitha Driver
Sent: 24 October 2012 14:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Discussion of record 5 - series

Did anyone else have a problem with the title proper of the series?

RDA 2.12.1.1 "The title proper of series is the chief name of a series (i.e., the title normally used when citing the series)" ≠ 2.12.2 "Take the title proper of a series from the following sources (in order of preference): a) the series title page [etc.]"

I wanted to put "Lita guides" but felt 2.12.2 was instructing me to put "A LITA guide".

Tabitha Driver

Quakers say: Each person is unique, precious, a child of God.