From: Mark Blaxter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 6 September 2012 20:31:28 GMT+01:00
To: ashsocial <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Mark Blaxter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Siccar point - the origin of deep time - under threat

Hi all
Siccar Point is famous for "Hutton's unconformity" - the place where James Hutton (of our manor, accompanied by Playfair of subsequent library fame) showed the unconformable overlay of rocks that spoke of the deep age of the earth and thus the span of time in which organic life and the planet must have been in existence.
A planing application has been lodged to put a sewage pipe through the bech beside Siccar Point. This is, in my opinion, a very Bad Idea. if you fel similarly otivated, please do register an objection.

There are instructions on how to do so at

http://www.savesiccarpoint.co.uk/#help

Pleas do pass on to others...
Mark

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

------ End of Forwarded Message