Incidentally has anyone seen / got a link to the draft Code. The BBW report indicates it is out there - referred to on page 6 - but I do not recall seeing it and cannot find anything on Google or HO site

----- Original Message -----

From: Brian Morgan

Sent: 09/12/12 01:38 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: [data-protection] CCTV in toilets

The Guardian article says: "Of the schools that responded, 207 reported installing a total 825 cameras in changing rooms and bathrooms."

Changing rooms - I think I know what they are - but they probably vary. Do they have cubicles for changing in, or do pupils
change out in an open area? Where are the cameras?

And as for bathrooms - I'm puzzled by that - do schools have any bathrooms as generally understood? Or are these large rooms with
a big bath in for getting clean after playing football or whatever as opposed to showers? I actually can't imagine a CCTV camera getting mist free views unless they windscreen wipers or similar.

It's all rather vague and somewhat inadequately reported.

Brian