I agree that it is about context. Of the schools I've seen most of them have a 'hand wash' area seperate to the loo's that picks up who goes in or out and smoke alarms to help detect smoking. Therefore no "private actions" are caught on camera.

However, it comes back to that point about method. Yes the schools have a requirement to police and prevent smoking and vandalism but there are other methods that do the job just as well. They don't need to (as Simon put it) have a multi angle view of someone "having a dump".

(Plus we all now that deterrents don't work on teenagers - they'll still do it even if they are well aware that they will get caught).

I'd be interested to see what shape the Code of Practice takes and what support is then available to implement it. Schools always seem to be that 'forgotten cousin' when it comes to support. (In my experience at least).

Scott Sammons

Pleasebe aware that my vires