I have seen a patient with such significantly high trigs that did
respond so quickly to fibrate, and remained low once treated. So, whilst
there is a link with venlafaxine I would leave on the fibrate. After
all, the link with venlafaxine is not necessarily truly due to the drug
but could be due to alcohol consumption in mental health problems.

TIM

Prof. Tim Reynolds
Consultant Chemical Pathologist / Associate Clinical Director -
Diagnostics / R&D Lead
Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Work Tel:  01283 511511 extension 4035
Work Fax: 01283 593064
Mobile:      07973 278767
WORK: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
HOME: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Queens Hospital,
Belvedere Road.
Burton On Trent,
Staffordshire.
DE13 0RB
This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
If you are not the intended recipient please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems, and notify the sender
immediately. You should not retain copy or use this e-mail for any
purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other
person.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me on 01283
566333 Ext 2126